Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls (20 Minute Meal)
These sesame floor turkey bowls are a flavorful meal and best of all, prepared in much less than 20 minutes!
This floor turkey recipe is mixed with coleslaw combine (or cabbage), ginger, and garlic in a candy and savory sauce. This reheats well making it good for lunches all through the week.
A Healthy Ground Turkey Recipe
As a lot as we love an ideal stir fry recipe, we love also love a recipe that is on the desk in about 20 minutes.
- Rice bowls are in style grab-and-go objects as a result of they’ve all of the protein, veggies, and fiber to remain energized all day.
- Make it at home and get that similar restaurant taste for pennies.
- This floor turkey recipe has choices for different mix-ins, toss in any veggies that are within the fridge!
- Make as a bowl, a lettuce wrap, a burrito, a taco, or roll right into a rice paper wrap.
- Serve like a taco-style buffet and place bowls of toppings and mix-ins across the ready floor turkey combination and everybody can DIY.
Ingredients and Variations
GROUND TURKEY – Ground turkey is healthy and low in energy however this will work with floor pork or rooster as well.
VEGETABLES – Pre-packaged coleslaw combine is good for lots extra than coleslaw! It is a reasonable addition and a timesaver on this recipe (and different soups, stir fries and stews)!
Bulk up the recipe with extra finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, even a handful of inexperienced peas or chopped water chestnuts as a substitute!
SAUCE – This sauce is really easy to make however should you’re in a rush, use both teriyaki sauce or stir fry sauce. We love a drizzle of hoisin before serving.
Serve this over a base of fried rice, white rice, quinoa, or brown rice.
How to Make Ground Turkey Bowls
For a fast last-minute supper or a excessive protein lunch, these are a straightforward repair that comes collectively tremendous fast:
- Cook turkey with ginger & garlic per the recipe beneath.
- Stir in coleslaw combine & cook dinner till the coleslaw is barely softened.
- Move the turkey combination to at least one side of the pan & add the sauce. Cook till thickened and stir into the turkey.
- Garnish with inexperienced onions, sesame seeds, and hoisin sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.
Tips for Turkey Bowls
- Finely crumbled turkey works best on this recipe so it could possibly take up the sauce and make a greater filling.
- If utilizing a wide range of veggies, lower them to the identical dimension so that they cook dinner on the similar price.
- Feel free to use chopped leftover Roast Turkey from a Thanksgiving or vacation dinner, as a substitute of floor turkey. Simply chop it finely, before including to the sauce as a substitute of cooking it with the onion and garlic combination.
Save leftovers in an air-tight container for as much as 3-4 days and reheat over the range, including a splash of soy sauce or sriracha to spice up the flavour.
Freeze cooled leftovers in single sized freezer baggage with the date labeled on the skin for as much as 4 weeks. Thaw, reheat, and season before serving.
More Easy Stir Fries
Did you like these Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls? Be certain to go away a ranking & a remark beneath!
Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls
Light, flavorful, & loaded with crunchy veggies, these Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls are good for lunch or dinner!
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Cook turkey, ginger and garlic till no pink stays. Drain fats.
While the turkey is browning, measure and combine sauce components besides cornstarch and put aside.
Add coleslaw combine to the turkey and cook dinner 2-3 minutes or simply till barely softened.
Move the turkey and coleslaw to the perimeters of the pan. Stir the sauce combination and add it to the middle of the pan cooking till scorching and bubbly.
Mix 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of corn starch to make a slurry and whisk into the sauce till it reaches the specified consistency. Simmer for two minutes.
Remove from warmth and garnish with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
If you would like much less warmth, skip the sriracha.
To preserve this recipe, put together the sauce whereas the turkey is browning.
Coleslaw combine will be substituted with finely shredded cabbage or any kind of slaw together with broccoli slaw.
Minute Rice or immediate rice make a fast base for this recipe.
Calories: 179, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 662mg, Potassium: 497mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 124IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition info supplied is an estimate and will range primarily based on cooking strategies and manufacturers of components used.)
Keyword Ground Turkey Bowls, floor turkey recipe, Rice Bowl
Course Dinner, Entree, Lunch
Cuisine American, Asian