Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls (20 Minute Meal)
These sesame ground turkey bowls are a flavorful meal and best of all, ready in a lot much less than 20 minutes!
This ground turkey recipe is combined with coleslaw mix (or cabbage), ginger, and garlic in a sweet and savory sauce. This reheats well making it good for lunches all by means of the week.
A Healthy Ground Turkey Recipe
As rather a lot as we love a perfect stir fry recipe, we love also love a recipe that is on the desk in about 20 minutes.
- Rice bowls are in type grab-and-go objects on account of they’ve all the protein, veggies, and fiber to stay energized all day.
- Make it at home and get that comparable restaurant taste for pennies.
- This ground turkey recipe has decisions for various mix-ins, toss in any veggies that are inside the fridge!
- Make as a bowl, a lettuce wrap, a burrito, a taco, or roll right right into a rice paper wrap.
- Serve like a taco-style buffet and place bowls of toppings and mix-ins throughout the prepared ground turkey mixture and everyone can DIY.
Ingredients and Variations
GROUND TURKEY – Ground turkey is healthy and low in vitality nonetheless this will work with ground pork or rooster as well.
VEGETABLES – Pre-packaged coleslaw mix is good for tons additional than coleslaw! It is an affordable addition and a timesaver on this recipe (and totally different soups, stir fries and stews)!
Bulk up the recipe with additional finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, even a handful of inexperienced peas or chopped water chestnuts as an alternative!
SAUCE – This sauce is very easy to make nonetheless do you have to’re in a rush, use each teriyaki sauce or stir fry sauce. We love a drizzle of hoisin before serving.
Serve this over a base of fried rice, white rice, quinoa, or brown rice.
How to Make Ground Turkey Bowls
For a quick last-minute supper or a extreme protein lunch, these are an easy restore that comes collectively large quick:
- Cook turkey with ginger & garlic per the recipe beneath.
- Stir in coleslaw mix & cook dinner dinner until the coleslaw is barely softened.
- Move the turkey mixture to at the least one side of the pan & add the sauce. Cook until thickened and stir into the turkey.
- Garnish with inexperienced onions, sesame seeds, and hoisin sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.
Tips for Turkey Bowls
- Finely crumbled turkey works best on this recipe so it might probably take up the sauce and make a better filling.
- If using a variety of veggies, decrease them to the similar dimension so that they cook dinner dinner on the same worth.
- Feel free to use chopped leftover Roast Turkey from a Thanksgiving or trip dinner, as an alternative of ground turkey. Simply chop it finely, before together with to the sauce as an alternative of cooking it with the onion and garlic mixture.
Save leftovers in an air-tight container for as a lot as 3-4 days and reheat over the vary, together with a splash of soy sauce or sriracha to boost the flavour.
Freeze cooled leftovers in single sized freezer baggage with the date labeled on the skin for as a lot as 4 weeks. Thaw, reheat, and season before serving.
More Easy Stir Fries
Did you want these Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls? Be sure to go away a rating & a comment beneath!
Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls
Light, flavorful, & loaded with crunchy veggies, these Sesame Ground Turkey Bowls are good for lunch or dinner!
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Cook turkey, ginger and garlic until no pink stays. Drain fat.
While the turkey is browning, measure and mix sauce elements in addition to cornstarch and put apart.
Add coleslaw mix to the turkey and cook dinner dinner 2-3 minutes or merely until barely softened.
Move the turkey and coleslaw to the sides of the pan. Stir the sauce mixture and add it to the center of the pan cooking until scorching and bubbly.
Mix 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of corn starch to make a slurry and whisk into the sauce until it reaches the required consistency. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and garnish with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
Ground pork or rooster will be substituted on this recipe. Drain any liquid or fat before together with the coleslaw mixture.
If you prefer to a lot much less heat, skip the sriracha.
To protect this recipe, put collectively the sauce whereas the turkey is browning.
Coleslaw mix will be substituted with finely shredded cabbage or any type of slaw collectively with broccoli slaw.
Minute Rice or instant rice make a quick base for this recipe.
Calories: 179, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 62mg, Sodium: 662mg, Potassium: 497mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 124IU, Vitamin C: 15mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 2mg
(Nutrition information equipped is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and producers of elements used.)
Keyword Ground Turkey Bowls, ground turkey recipe, Rice Bowl
Course Dinner, Entree, Lunch
Cuisine American, Asian
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and footage are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is every impressed and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my image use protection right right here.