Crockpot Swiss Steak – Spend With Pennies
Crockpot Swiss steak is a type of wealthy, hearty, meaty dinner recipes that has stood the take a look at of time!
Tender beef steaks are cooked in a wealthy tomato brown gravy with veggies. This recipe is excellent over mashed potatoes or egg noodles!
Savory Beef Steaks
- ‘Swissed’ means to roll or pound the meat, tenderizing it so it cooks up tender identical to the veggies!
- This model of swiss steaks cooks within the gradual cooker for the right set it and overlook it meal.
- Much like the meat in a stew recipe, these steaks become fork tender by cooking low and gradual.
- This recipe freezes and reheats well.
Ingredients for Crock Pot Swiss Steak
MEAT: Traditionally, Swiss steak comes from inside spherical or dice steaks. These cuts become tender when cooked low and gradual.
VEGGIES: Use veggies like onions, peppers, carrots, and celery.
Add in mushrooms, inexperienced beans, or contemporary inexperienced peas for those who’d like.
SAUCE: Diced or crushed tomatoes and beef broth are paired with flavorful components to make a thick tomato gravy.
Add diced canned tomatoes to this sauce or crushed tomatoes for a smoother sauce. If you like further sauce, you’ll be able to add further tomatoes.
How to Make Crockpot Swiss Steak
- Place veggies & garlic in a gradual cooker (per the total recipe beneath).
- Pound steaks & calmly coat them in flour.
- Brown them in a skillet and place them within the crockpot.
- Add remaining sauce components.
- Cover and prepare dinner on low for six to eight hours on low. Serve instantly with sauce.
What to Serve with Swiss Steak
Serve Swiss steak and gravy over any of the next:
For a side, serve Swiss steak with sauteed inexperienced beans or caesar salad. And in fact, some dinner rolls for sopping up the sauce!
- For best outcomes, retailer Swiss steaks of their sauce in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
- Reheat steaks with sauce in a sauce pan on the range or within the microwave.
- Freeze steaks and sauce in zippered baggage with the date labeled on the surface for as much as 4 weeks.
Our Fave Crockpot Recipes
Did you make these Crockpot Swiss Steaks? Leave us a ranking and a remark beneath!
Crockpot Swiss Steaks
Tender items of steak are slow-cooked with a wealthy tomato brown gravy!
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Add sliced carrots, celery, onion, & garlic to the underside of a gradual cooker.
Pound steaks with a meat tenderizer to ¼ inch thickness and season with salt and pepper (dice steaks don’t should be pounded). Put flour in a shallow dish or plate and dredge every steak within the flour combination.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high warmth and brown steaks on either side, about 2 minutes per side including extra oil if wanted.
In the identical pan, add wine and scrape up any brown bits. Add to the gradual cooker with remaining components aside from the cornstarch.
Cover and prepare dinner for 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on excessive or till steaks are fork tender.
Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
For further sauce, a further can of tomatoes will be added.
Optional: To thicken the sauce, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Bring the sauce to a simmer on the range and add a little bit at a time to thicken.
Calories: 281, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 308mg, Potassium: 838mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 5414IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 54mg, Iron: 4mg
(Nutrition info offered is an estimate and will fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and manufacturers of components used.)
Keyword best Crock Pot Swiss Steaks recipe, Crock Pot Swiss Steaks, Crockpot Swiss Steak, methods to make Crock Pot Swiss Steaks
Course Beef, Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Slow Cooker