Cookie Dough Ice Cream (No Churn)
Summertime Anytime is cookie dough ice cream season and best of all, no ice cream maker is needed!
Make this creamy, dreamy, easy recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with a No-Churn Ice Cream base and edible cookie dough chunks added in.
An Easy Ice Cream Treat
Leave it to Ben & Jerry’s to pioneer the invention of cookie dough ice cream, circa 1984.
- This ice cream is easy to customize, add in a swirl of peanut butter or any flavor of cookie dough
- Turn this dessert into ice cream sandwiches by pressing semi-chilled cookie dough ice cream between two cookies (any kind) and freezing them until firm.
- Spread semi-chilled ice cream between layers of cake for a fun, frozen celebration cake.
- Add a swirl of fudge sauce to make it extra decadent.
BASE: The base of this ice cream is super easy with whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. Use full-fat sweetened condensed milk for the best consistency and flavor.
COOKIE DOUGH: You’ll need some chunks of cookie dough for this recipe.
You can make your own homemade Edible Cookie Dough recipe that is egg-free and made with heat-treated flour or buy it in the refrigerator section of almost any grocery store. Try sugar cookie dough, or any flavor you like.
Try adding any of the following to the ice cream before it sets:
- mini chocolate chips
- toffee pieces
- crushed OREO cookie pieces
- coconut flakes or chopped nuts
- raisins or dried fruit
Experiment with different extracts too; maple, banana, rum, or coconut extract. Use extracts in very small quantities as they can affect the way the ice cream sets up.
How to Make Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Homemade no-churn ice cream is the wave of the future!
- Whip cream into stiff peaks.
- In a freezer chilled bowl, combine condensed milk and vanilla (per recipe below).
- Fold in whipped cream, cookie dough & mini chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared loaf pan & freeze 4 hours or overnight.
Ice Cream Tips & Tricks
- Freeze the bowl before mixing the whipped cream into the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Let the cookie dough come to room temperature so it is easier to incorporate into the mixture.
- Chill the mixing bowl and beaters before whipping the cream.
- Line the pan with parchment for easy removal
- The fastest, easiest way to crush cookies is to place them in a zippered bag and roll over them with a rolling pin.
Our Fave Frozen Treats
Did your family love this Cookie Dough Ice Cream? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
This easy, creamy, no-churn ice cream is loaded with pieces of cookie dough & chocolate chips!
Edible Cookie Dough (or use store bought if preferred)
To Make Edible Cookie Dough (or use store bought)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread flour onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
Beat butter and sugars with a hand mixer until fluffy. Mix in milk and vanilla.
Add cooled flour a little bit at a time until incorporated and the dough reaches desired consistency. You may not need all of the flour. Fold in chocolatre chips.
Place a large bowl in the freezer.
Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
Break the cookie dough into small pieces and set aside.
Whip heavy cream in a bowl on medium high until stiff peaks form.
Remove the bowl from the freezer and add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
Gently fold in the whipped cream. Fold in cookie dough and chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
If making homemade cookie dough, the flour should be baked for safety. Ensure the flour is completely cooled so it doesn’t melt the butter when making the cookie dough.
Other flavors and additions can be added. Extracts should be added in small quantities as they contain alcohol and can affect how the ice cream freezes.
Calories: 451, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 88mg, Sodium: 138mg, Potassium: 179mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 34g, Vitamin A: 946IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 149mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best cookie dough ice cream, Cookie Dough Ice Cream, cookie dough ice cream recipe, how to make Cookie Dough Ice Cream